Play music with DAC in MacOS
Use music players in MacOS and output to DAC directly.
- Go to Preferences -> Output screen
- Change Output Device
- Change DSD mode to DoP if DAC supports DSD.
- Change PCM mode from to the highest DSD format DAC can play
- Enable Exclusive / Hog mode if don't expect OS sounds appear
- Enable Audio Signal Bypass if want to disable OS sound functions
- Auto-raise system volume to 100% for this device if the DAC has no problem such as reseting voice level. For example, Creative portable DAC can suddent raise to very high level when turning on.
- Changing device requires Remember... setting to be off
Note: If using Exclusive mode, need to change system default sound device to other device in order to use the device selected for music playing.
- Can play many format
- Changing options require player restart
- Can not specify DAC unsupported formats to be software decoded
Forgot how to change them.
- Go to **Preferences"
- Click on Show All at bottom left corner
- Cannot play DFF format
- Not easy to find out options
- Mainly for video playing
JRiver Media Center
This is a library style player, but user interface isn't user friendly as iTune, and library isn't manging not well at all.
- Not free and yearly upgrade
- Master (for Windows, Mac, and Linux) License Upgrade $34.98
- Single OS Upgrade $22.98
- Support Windows, Mac, and Linux