Install self generated CA certificate into Windows OS
To trust self generated CA from client system, following steps can be used.
Retrieve CA certificate from server
Copy from CA certificate using browser
Click on lock icron beside address bar of browser, then view certificates.
Copy from server,
The self generated CA certificate normally can be found in server, such as
Install CA certificate
Install into OS
- Run command
- Select File => Add/Remove Snap-ins
- Select Certificates and press the Add button
- Select Computer account => Local Account, and press the Finish
- Select Certificates and right-click Trusted Root Certification Authorities
- Click All Tasks => Import, then add the digital certificate
In Firefox, which has its own certificate store, the system certificates are not accepted. So use following steps to enable system certificates to be used for current user.
- Open new tab, and type about:config
- Search for security.enterprise_roots.enabled
- Change it to
trueby double click the line.
Note: This only enable trust for current user